Sunday, September 15, 2013

"Festooning"

Blessed is the man… whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.  That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,...” Psalm 1:2-3a


The following is not an official commentary on the various phrases of The Lord's Prayer...just what came up as I was meditating on Matt 6:9-10...Just for fun, consider the word definition below.  What comes to mind as you ask the Holy Spirit to guide you and "festoon" on a passage of His Word?


Festooning:
verb
[with object] (often be festooned with)
·  adorn (a place) with ribbons, garlands, or other decorations: the room was festooned with balloons and streamers

The Lord’s Prayer:
Our Father, that art in heavens,…
(Matt 6:9 - Wycliffe Bible)


Our Father:
overseer, protector, provider, and loving Father to all who live as your child, head of the collective heart of my "spiritual siblings" and me. 

That art in Heavens:
Because you are omnipotent, you are the one who is in the atmosphere as the air that I breathe.  You accompany the blanketing presence of the wind.  You are between the spaces of the finite.  You touch and penetrate the skin of my soul.  You inhabit all good things.

...You are my dad, and as such, you care that I get along with my siblings.  Oh God! Help me live like a child in your household - in this place called the heavens where   You are everywhere, Lord. You are here next to me, right now.  You don't miss a thing! When I am in a "spot", you are there to provide and protect. When I have a squabble with a brother or sister you are there to shepherd and restore us. Nothing escapes you, not for a minute.  When isolation feels all too real, you are my date to the dance.  Your love is overwhelming... and your goodness?...I can hardly take it in!


To be continued…

"Festooned" comments are encouraged! Please leave a comment if God brings something to your mind. We can all benefit from it :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment